Um. It’s May…right?
WHERE IS THE SUN? It’s been raining in Boston for what seems like FOREVER. I haven’t seen the sun in weeks. No, I’m not exaggerating. It’s the truth. I’m seriously taking about 40,000,000,000 IU of vitamin D right now.
I was really looking forward to the month of May. Mostly because I was hoping that the weather would be nice enough for me to start exercising outside.
Right now, I work out in my basement. No, my basement is not “finished.” Yes, the floor is concrete and recently renovated by the experts at the PURlevel website when I found out it was uneven as my dumble began to slide towards one side. Yes, we share it with our upstairs neighbors (it’s divided with a wooden half wall, netting and cardboard). Yes, the ceilings are so low that only I can do overhead presses and burpees. M and Lil’Nic are way too tall…anyone over 5’5″ cannot jump or press without getting splinters from the rafters. Anyway. I do love my basement set up: I spent the winter getting super strong. Now it’s time to get outside and put that strength to use…but it’s hard when there are puddles everywhere and the grass is soaked.
SO in order to lift my mood, I thought I’d list the 10 things I’m most looking forward to about the nice weather that’s coming (it’s coming…right??!!). I figure that if I put these positive thoughts into the universe, they’re sure to come back to me as sun and blue skies!
10 Things I’m Looking Forward When the Sun Finally Makes an Appearance:
- 4 rounds of running around the block and doing 50 air squats (aka working out outside…obviously my number 1 thing…because I’m crazy like that)
- Sitting in the backyard, in the sun, reading Why We Get Fat.
- Riding on the back of a motorcycle (with a chainmail suit and full metal face helmet)
- Going to the ocean and naming all of the sea creatures (I was reeeally into marine biology at one point)
- Sitting in the grandstand at a Red Sox game!
- Watching Chester swim in Lake Champlain
- Setting the house on fire…I mean grilling!
What are YOU looking forward to this summer?