Summer Solstice Smoothie

Don’t forget to sign up for the Eating for Energy Teleseminar tomorrow, Wednesday, June 22nd at 7:00pm EST.

Contact me at AllisonNichols.HC@gmail.com for Dial-in information or with any questions!

_________________________________________________________________________________

The sun is out, the breeze is warm– it’s definitely summer out there!

My favorite breakfast on a warm summer morning is a nice, brain-freeze inducing smoothie packed with spinach and berries. There’s just something about getting a green veggie in the AM that makes my day 1000% better!

Summer Solstice Smoothie

2 handfuls of raw spinach

1/2 cup frozen blackberries

1/2 cup frozen raspberries

1/2 frozen banana

1-2 cups So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk

This baby was tart and delish!

It was a little too thick for my dinky plastic straw…

I went no frills on this smoothie: just spinach, berries, nana and coconut milk. Simple and crisp!

Chester, or should we say Sun Puppy, thought it looked pretty darn good.

What kinds of smoothies does the warm weather have YOU craving?

About Allison

Allison is a Certified Holistic Health and Nutrition Counselor. She specializes in empowering individuals through one-one one Health Counseling Programs to cultivate a carefree relationship with food, and to have more vibrant, natural energy by transitioning to a whole food, often Paleo, diet. DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I occasionally may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I believe in and trust.

, , , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to Summer Solstice Smoothie

1. Betsy @ BMoore Heathy June 21, 2011 at 11:21 am #

My favorite these days is kale, pineapple, frozen banana and a few berries. Yum!

• AllieNic June 21, 2011 at 11:27 am #

That sounds so good! I never think to put pineapple in smoothies for some reason…thanks for sharing, Betsy!

2. Gail for So Delicious Dairy Free June 21, 2011 at 2:13 pm #

That looks fantastic, and I can’t wait to try it! Happy (Delicious) Summer Solstice!

3. Julie June 21, 2011 at 2:26 pm #

This is my favorite smoothie right now too! I add two tablespoons of flax, makes it a lil nutty- so good! Going to try that kale pineapple one today!

• AllieNic June 21, 2011 at 2:28 pm #

Hi Julie! Thanks! I usually add some chia seeds and almond butter to my smoothies, but for some reason I was totally in the mood to keep it simple this morning! Flax sounds like a great addition to this smoothie!

4. Jenna A. | The Paleo Project June 21, 2011 at 3:10 pm #

Nice to find another Paleo Blog :) And local I see… I’m from Massachusetts as well!!

Jenna

• AllieNic June 21, 2011 at 4:12 pm #

Hi Jenna! Thanks for stopping by! I’m going to check out your blog now…

5. Kerrie July 6, 2011 at 2:36 pm #

I had this for breakfast this morning and I absoutley loved it!!!! I did subsitute 8oz of plain greek yogurt for 1 cup of coconut milk but did add 1 cup of coconut milk as well……I will have this one again!!!

• AllieNic July 6, 2011 at 2:51 pm #

Yum! I bet the Greek yogurt gave it an amazing consistency! Like ice cream maybe? Sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing!

1. My Tummy Doesn’t Like Whey | Frisky Lemon Nutrition - July 13, 2011

[...] with the way this shake turned out! It was a little gritty, but if you’re used to drinking spinach smoothies, you probably won’t [...]