Continuing with the Five Star Challenge–I discovered this series of posts on Mel Joulwan’s The Clothes Make the Girl and thought I’d roll with it.
From 5 Body Image Quick Fixes, by Margarita from Weightless.
- Five things you love about yourself (Read my list HERE)
- Five things your body can do (Read my list HERE)
- Five things for which you are grateful
- Five things that make you happy that you’re alive
- Five people whom you love (pets included!)
Five Things For Which I Am Grateful
1. I am grateful for the love and support of my one and only, M. For the many good days that I have, I also have a few not-so-good days. Eh, I’m human. On those days where I struggle with how I feel about my body, or how business is going, M is always there to give me love and support. I’m grateful that he always knows what to say to make me feel empowered and positive again. He’s pretty special…
2. I am grateful for my health. I actually haven’t been really sick in years *knocks on wood.* I wasn’t so lucky when I was younger: I had really bad asthma that kept me on predisone and even sent me to the ICU when I was 11. That’s all resolved now: I haven’t used an inhaler in over a year and I’m so grateful that my lungs can still keep up with the rest of me.
3. I am grateful for my neighborhood. Growing up in rural VT, I didn’t really have many neighbors–the only kids my age lived a quarter mile down our dirt road and that’s a long bike ride when you’re little. I’m grateful to live in an amazing community with lots of friends and family only on or two blocks away.
4. I’m grateful for finding paleo.Without it, I have no doubt that I would still be struggling with my body image and how I feel about my weight. Paleo has bestowed upon me an amazing sense of freedom when it comes to food. I no longer think about food all the time, or worry about how hard I have to workout to make up for eating certain things. I am so grateful that I was able to use paleo to heal my damaged body image.
5.I’m grateful for my amazing job. I am so honored to be able to do the work that I do. I am so thankful to have a job that I truly love and look forward to doing every, single day. I am grateful to my clients for sharing their lives with me and I’m grateful to my family for their overwhelming love and support.
What’s on your Grateful List?