Continuing with the Five Star Challenge–I discovered this series of posts on Mel Joulwan’s The Clothes Make the Girl and thought I’d roll with it.
From 5 Body Image Quick Fixes, by Margarita from Weightless.
- Five things you love about yourself (Read my list HERE)
- Five things your body can do (Read my list HERE)
- Five things for which you are grateful (Read my list HERE)
- Five things that make you happy that you’re alive
- Five people whom you love (pets included!)
Today’s list was harder than others– there are so many things that make me happy I’m alive! I had a hard time narrowing it down to five. This is a big change from a few years ago when I might not have been able to list even two things. So, in no particular order, here are five of the many things that make me happy I’m alive these days:
Five Things That Make Me Happy I’m Alive
1. Vegetables. Vegetables changed my life. The health coach in me has to say that she’s happy she’s alive because it means that she can eat vegetables. Eating vegetables actually makes me happier. I feel healthier, lighter and more energized when I’m eating these miraculous foods. Vegetables are wondrous–they have healing powers. Vegetables make me happy that I’m alive. Fo reals, yo.
2. Blue skies. Every time I look up at a blue, cloudless sky, I’m instantly happier. Blue skies fill me with joy and hopefulness. They remind me to send happy thoughts into the universe. Blue skies mean bright days and clear nights. Outdoor fun and activities with friends. Seeing blue skies makes me happy I’m alive to experience nature–to experience the world!
3. Yoga Pants. Yes, yoga pants make me happy I’m alive. There are days where I can’t face real pants–where the thought of denim makes me cringe. Days where I don’t want to play that “do they fit today?” game. Yoga pants are my saving grace. I like to think my body isn’t built for real pants. You can’t find any pants that fit as well as yoga pants. You can’t find pants more comfortable than yoga pants. Yoga pants help keep me grateful for my athletic body. They help keep me comfy too.
4. Barbells. Like vegetables, barbells changed my body and my life. When I found barbells a year ago I stopped working out to lose weight and I started working out because I loved it. Now I work out to get stronger and faster–and it never feels like work. I will never again spend an hour on the elliptical working off the cheese I ate for lunch. Barbells shifted my focus–they make me happy I’m alive.
5. Love. It may be cliche, but love makes me happy that I’m alive. It’s indefinable and different for everyone. I can’t even put words to the feelings that I feel for my love. So I’ll leave it at that. Love and being in love make me happy that I’m alive.
What makes you happy that you’re alive?