Continuing with the Five Star Challenge–I discovered this series of posts on Mel Joulwan’s The Clothes Make the Girl and thought I’d roll with it.
From 5 Body Image Quick Fixes, by Margarita from Weightless.
- Five things you love about yourself (Read my list HERE)
- Five things your body can do (Read my list HERE)
- Five things for which you are grateful (Read my list HERE)
- Five things that make you happy that you’re alive (Ready my list HERE)
- Five people whom you love (pets included!)
This weekend was rough. Some close friends of ours experienced a horrible loss and we’ve been reeling since we got the news. Everything is fuzzy and most things don’t seem real. I’ve been living these past few days with a knot in my throat.
There is a somewhat bright side: this loss made me think of all of the people that I love. Thinking of them reminded me that I never finished my five start challenge…so I’m going to do that today.
Five People That I Love
1. M. He is my support and my partner through good times and not so good. He makes me laugh every day and he knows just what to say to make me feel confident and special. I wouldn’t be where I am today without him.
2. My sister, Lil’Nic. She is my best friend in this world. We’ve experienced so much together–we’ve been friends since her birth, minus the time I made her “perfume” with blue food coloring in it and dyed her skin blue. It’s amazing to have a friend who experienced nearly the same childhood.
3. My Mother. Even though she likes to do it her way, she’s the best mother and friend that a girl could ask for. She’s spiritual and supportive in a way that goes beyond a pat on the back.
4. My Father. I always wanted to be like him when I grew up…and I think I might be on my way. The strong silent type, but always there with the right words when you need them most.
5. Chester. Last but not least, I love my pup. His love is unconditional. When I’m having a bad day, looking into his brown eyes and seeing his little tail wag can turn me around.
There are many others that I love–family and friends alike. I have a different love for each of them. Everyone I’ve ever met is important to me in one way or another…
Who are the 5 people that you love?