They melt in your mouth, not in your hands. For real.
I’m really loving the dark chocolate/pumpkin combination right now. Actually, I’m just really loving sweet things right now…and I’d rather make my own, relatively sweet thing, than eat a girl scout cookie that’s been in my freezer for 9 months.
So, I made some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from Food Lover’s Primal Palate)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Guittard 63% cacao)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, pumpkin, maple syrup and vanilla until well combined
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, making sure to mix with a hand mixer or vigorously with a spoon to avoid clumps
- Add your chocolate chips
- Plop on a parchment lined baking sheet (I use a nifty scoop that spoons out about 1 Tbsp of batter, so I ended up with about 30 tiny cookies)
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- The end.
Chester waited patiently by the back door for the cookies to come out of the oven. This is the spot where he sits whenever I’m cooking or baking…he just sits there, looking sad, waiting for a scrap of something to fall on the floor. No chocolate for puppies!
Feeling stuffed and not like yourself after the holiday?
Do you want to feel normal and in control again?
Register before December 31st for the Early Bird Special!