Did you know that I live in Massachusetts?
The Boston area?
Did you know that I moved to the Boston Area in 2006 because I had a crush on the Pats backup quarterback?
In all seriousness, I’m a huge Patriot’s fan.
Most embarrassing fact of my life that I’m willing to share on a blog: I tore my ACL in 2007 at the NE Patriots Cheerleader auditions whilst doing a high kick.
Not kidding…Who does that? Seriously…
With the most important re-match in football history coming up this Sunday, I thought it would be a good idea to share some football party pickie recipes.
Starting with this one:
2 sweet potatoes (I like the jewel yams–redder on the outside, oranger on the inside)
1 lb Bacon (uncured, no nitrates or nitrites added)
Rosemary (fresh or dried)
- Preheat your oven to 400 F
- Cut the sweet potatoes into “fries” (with the skin on) and spray with olive oil
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes on each side. After baking, I let the sweet potatoes cool to a temperature that you can comfortably handle them.
- Dip them in a mixture of olive oil (1/4 cup ) and rosemary (1 Tbsp).
- Cut the bacon strips in half and lightly fry them.
- Wrap each sweet potato fry in one “1/2 strip” and secured with a skewer.
- Lay each morsel on an aluminum foil lined baking pan, and bake them again at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes on each side (until the bacon is crisp).
I’m getting super excited for this weekend…there WILL be more recipes to come!