So, if you can’t tell by now, I really like cinnamon.
I was at Whole Foods yesterday doing my meat shopping and I saw the most delicious looking pork.
It was local, and pastured raised…in an animal centered environment.
I fell in love and bought some boneless pork chops and sausages…
I see a lot of people pairing pork with apples…and I see a lot of people pairing apples with cinnamon.
So I thought: Why not make some apple cinnamon pork chops?
And so this recipe was born.
Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops (inspired by Paleo Table)
For the Porks:
2 boneless pork chops
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp cinnamon
sprinkle of sea salt and pepper
For the apples:
Coconut oil for the pan
2 medium-sized apples, sliced
1 onion, sliced
sprinkles of cinnamon, sea salt and pepper
- In a large plastic bag mix the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Add the pork chops and allow to marinate for at least 1 hr.
- In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil, and then saute the apples and onions until soft.
- Season the apples and onions with cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Once your pork is done soaking, fire up the grill. Grill them porks until they’re done (M usually does this part…so I assume you grill them until they’re cooked all the way through…like chicken.)
- Serve the grilled pork chops on a bed of apples and onions. Add a green leafy veggie if you wish– I think some sautéed spinach would have gone really well with this meal!