My creative juices just aren’t flowing today. I usually use these Friday Musings posts are an opportunity to talk about something that’s on my mind, or going on with me.
Today, all I can think about are the baby carrots with coconut butter that I’m eating right now.
SO. I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite things about summer in list form. I like making lists. They help me feel organized. So here we go!
My 10 Favorite Things ‘Bout Summer
(in no particular order…I’m not that organized)
- The sun. More specifically the warmth of the sun. Every summer, I look forward to being outside and being warm. Like, super warm. Like lying on the beach in a bathing suit and feeling like you’re wrapped in a flannel sleeping bag cocoon.
- The colors. Bright green grass, bright blue skies– the vibrant colors of summer days make me happy.
- Outdoor eating and cookouts with friends. We love to grill and eat outside!
- Riding my bike as my main mode of transportation. I only really ride from the late spring to mid-fall (I’m a baby like that), but I love feeling the sun on my skin and the wind through my hair…er…helmet.
- Iced coffee! As I’ve said before, I’m a coffee person. At a certain point in June, hot coffee loses its appeal and I switch over to iced. This can be a dangerous switch, as I tend to drink more iced coffee than regular coffee. I have to make a conscious effort NOT to reach for it when I want an afternoon cold beverage.
- Lifting weights outside. On nice days, I sometimes drag my barbell out of the basement and into my backyard. It takes a few trips, but working out in the fresh air is totally worth it.
- Going barefoot. I hate shoes. Well, I hate shoes with laces. I just don’t like tying them. I’m a sandals in the summer, clogs/boots in the winter kind of gal. For the most part, I only wear shoes with laces when I’m working out.
- Farmer’s markets. I love food shopping. I love food shopping outside. I love meeting the people who grow the food that I eat…and, most importantly, I love eating the freshest fruits and veggies that I can.
- Going to the ocean. I would have been a lobsterman in another life.
- Taking time to slow down. Vacationing, playing hooky… taking time to peace out on stress and enjoy a good (non-nutrition) book 😉
What are your favorite things about summer?