M and I discovered these amazing gluten-free pizza crusts a while back by Against the Grain Gourmet.
Every now and then, we have gluten-free pizza as a special treat.
Real, Italian pizza is a huge weakness of mine, so being able to make our own pizza that won’t hurt my guts is pretty awesome.
We made one last week that was particularly delicious.
One Against the Grain Gourmet pizza shell
1 bunch curly kale
4 to 6 pieces of bacon
1 cup cheddar cheese (we used Cabot Extra Sharp)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and put your pizza shell on a pizza tray. One with holes works the best for a super crispy crust.
- Wash and de-stem your kale. Tear it into bite sized pieces.
- Fry up your bacon until it’s done, but a little on the not-done side. Don’t worry: it’ll crisp up in the oven.
- Top your pizza shell with tomato sauce, then your kale, cheddar cheese and, finally, bacon.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is flaky and golden.
What foods do you consider special treats? Have you made any amazing gluten free or grain-free pizzas lately?