Mostly because it’s messy.
And because whenever we buy one, I get anxious about wasting it– If I don’t cut it up immediately, it will definitely sit in the fridge for days and days, taking up space and getting slimy.
It’s been hot in Boston for the past couple of weeks. Well, hot, but it’s the humidity that really gets ya. I’ve basically needed a snorkel to go outside for the last day or so.
When it’s hot, I want cool, refreshing food to cool me down.
Watermelon is the ultimate cool, refreshing food.
Watermelon Arugula & Goat Cheese Salad (with mint)
2 cups watermelon, cubed
2 cups arugula
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp goat cheese crumble
1. Cut your watermelon into cubes.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, toss arugula in olive oil. Separate greens into two bowls and top with watermelon, goat cheese crumbles and fresh mint leaves.
This salad could go with lunch, dinner or even dessert. I cubed enough watermelon to have extra, and put it in a storage container– now I can literally throw together this salad in no time…whenever I’m feeling like a need a hydrating snack.
- 2 cups watermelon, cubed
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp goat cheese crumbles
- Fresh mint
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the arugula in olive oil
- Evenly distribute the watermelon, and arugula into two bowls or onto two plates
- sprinkle with goat cheese and top with fresh mint