{Friday Musings} Thoughts on ZYTO Scan Technology

Disclaimer: This is my Friday Musings post in which I share whatever I feel like. It gets a little personal, but not so much that you’ll get embarrassed for me (can I say douche chill on my own blog? I think so).

_____________________________________________________________________

A few months ago, a deal popped up on Amazon Local for a discounted “Full health evaluation and ZYTO scan.”

It was, like, 80% off, so I figured it must be a good deal. I would get my toxicity tested, my adrenals checked and find out about some food intolerances. I was IN.

I went to get my scan this past Wednesday at the Waldman Center for Wellness in Reading, MA.

The office is beautiful, the waiting room welcoming.

I had no idea what I was in for– I figured I would have to give some blood or something.

Nope. I just have to put my hand on a weird robot hand and wait a few minutes. That was it. The ZYTO SCAN.

How does it work? Well, I’ll let the ZYTO website explain that one:

Your body is energetically connected and constantly in communication with itself. The primary function of this communication is to maintain overall health and functionality. Biocommunication between your body and ZYTO software takes advantage of this and is a breakthrough method for ‘listening to’ and ‘communicating with’ your body.

By interacting energetically with your body the ZYTO software will essentially ‘ask your body questions’ and record your body’s responses or ‘answers’. Information gathered in this way can help you be more proactive about your health and help you and your healthcare provider make better decisions regarding your healthcare.

ZYTO scans do not diagnose or recommend treatments, they simply provide information that should be considered by a qualified healthcare professional in determining a course of action.

My understanding is that it measures where you hold stress in your body– or what parts of your body are under stress.

After my scan, I met with Dr. Waldman to go over my results, which were, shocking.

Of the 92 bio markers that the ZYTO scan measures, I had 24 out of balance.

The picture above is the part of the scan that bothered me most.

First, I have white coat syndrome: I get really anxious whenever I’m at a doctor’s office. It has to do with hearing bad things…like I’m always expecting to be told I’m going to die at any moment…my heart beats really fast and my blood pressure goes up.

So. The areas of high stress in my body: My thyroid, my heart and…my pancreas?

My pancreas was off the chart stressed, according to this scan.

The doctor gave me his talk about insulin and glucagon…and metabolic syndrome…and diabetes

Meanwhile, I’m sitting there thinking:

A. This test is total bunk: I don’t eat much added sugar…and I don’t have any physical symptoms of metabolic syndrome…I don’t have hypoglycemia…I don’t have an overwhelming amount of abdominal fat…I EAT PALEO! WTF?

B. Oh my good gracious…I probably have something seriously wrong with my hormones…maybe I DO have metabolic syndrome…I probably do…maybe my pancreas is stressed because there’s something else going on….OMG MY HEART ! I’m going to have a heart attack like Rosie O’Donnell…I probably won’t even make it out of this office.

So. Needless to say, I didn’t hear much of the rest of the Doctor’s overview…I was totally stressed about my pancreas. And my heart.

The ZYTO scan does NOT diagnose disease– it just shows areas of stress (whatever that means).

My pancreas does more than just produce insulin…it also secretes pancreatic fluid that contains digestive enzymes…maybe I just have low digestive enzymes. But maybe it’s all of the ice cream I’ve been eating lately…

ANYWAY. When I was done with my internal freakout, we started to go over my food intolerances.

This is probably wrong, but I think the ZYTO scan sends the frequencies of commonly intolerated  (I think I just made that word up…it works) foods through your system to see how you react.

I was nervous that foods I love would show up– like coconut or eggs…luckily, this wasn’t the case.

My number 1 food intolerance? White Fish.

Yep. White Fish. How random is that?

Here are the top 10 foods to which I am intolerant:

1. White fish
  2. Grapefruit
  3. Trout
  4. Molassas
  5. Buckwheat
  6. Corn Sugar
  7. Zucchini
  8. Cherry
  9. Oats
  10. Cabbage

If this thing is right, it means no more raw kraut for me….BOO.

That’s about the only thing on this list that poops me out.

BOTTOM LINE: I’m not sure how much I believe the results of this test. The stubborn health coach in me is all “I know better than this test and how dare you tell me my pancreas is stressed.” The white-coat-phobic person in me says “I should probably never eat any sugar again ever. EVAAAAAA!”

I’m thinking that I’ll pay special attention to the sugar I’m eating and the digestive enzymes that I’m taking. I’ll avoid the foods on this list, which won’t be hard…because I don’t eat or like many of them anyway. And then I’ll go to my PCP for some blood work to calm my anxious mind.

I’m annoyed that I don’t know if the ZYTO scan is real or not…but then again, do you ever know if any test a doctor gives you is real? How do I know that the blood work will test for the right things? Such a struggle…

ANYWAY. Have a great weekend and stop thinking about my pancreas– she’ll be fine.

About Allison

Allison is a Certified Holistic Health and Nutrition Counselor. She specializes in empowering individuals through one-one one Health Counseling Programs to cultivate a carefree relationship with food, and to have more vibrant, natural energy by transitioning to a whole food, often Paleo, diet. DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I occasionally may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I believe in and trust.

18 Responses to {Friday Musings} Thoughts on ZYTO Scan Technology

1. Colette March 7, 2013 at 3:52 PM #

I have had several zyto scans (around 8) over the past 3 years. I have taken the professional supplements that were recommended and it has helped me balance the many imbalances I have had. I think it is a valuable tool. It should be used with other informative tools: blood tests, chiropractic spine testing, muscle, and nerve testing, because it does measure what you are stressed about that particular day.

• Allison March 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM #

Thanks, Colette– I totally agree with you. I think the zyto scan can be a valuable tool when used with other types of tests– Looking back, I think I was just whining about seeing results I didn’t like ;) I appreciate your comment. Thanks so much for sharing.

2. Karin Michele Anderson March 14, 2013 at 3:16 PM #

Your pancreas is probably out of whack from all the ice cream you say you have been eating lately. I just had a ZYTO scan last Sunday and I think that the technology is good. A client of mine had both the ZYTO and a huge blood/urine test done at the doctor’s and they showed similar results which increases my trust in the ZYTO.

3. Jon S March 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM #

A zyto scan does not reproduce results. You could do the scan two times in a row and get different results. Bad science =(

• marie January 22, 2014 at 8:36 PM #

Exactally my experience. I looked into it as a professional and couldn’t justify the expense for something that was different each time.

4. Janice May 28, 2013 at 12:47 AM #

Did the scan 3 times in one day with several hrs in between and went from 31 to 7 to 17 bios out ? Just curious WHY ?

• Allison May 30, 2013 at 11:25 AM #

Hi Janice. I’m no expert in the zyto technology, but my guess is that it’s not a very accurate test on it’s own. I think it might be a useful tool when paired with bloodwork or another type of holistic treatment like acupuncture. I didn’t really pay that much attention to my results…mostly because they were SO random…and the chiropractor I went to didn’t do a good job of interpreting my results.

I would check out acupuncturists in your area– they have this amazing insight into your internal body systems and how they function– I would trust a person more than that zyto machine ;)

• Adrienne @ Whole New Mom October 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM #

Really? You did? That is the kind of thing I am wondering about.

• Fred muller January 11, 2014 at 12:03 AM #

It is most likely because you flossed at some point during the time period. Flossing causes a friction between the teeth usually with movement of the floss in opposite directions. This quick changing of direction during flossing can throw off the sensitive readings of the zyto scan. To get a consistent result don’t floss. For weeks. Ever.

5. Debra Wheeler June 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM #

Do research in this test. You will find it is a tool is useful for one thing only: To get the fool who tries it, to believe he needs to buy supplements.

It is about as medically accurate as palmistry.

• Fred muller January 10, 2014 at 11:28 PM #

Read my comment on my recent zyto test. Sounds like junk science, zyto appears suggestive, not objective. Not reliable like tried and true tests unknown to many like the aph, the aph, arm pit howl, is foolproof and a great diagnostic tool. It is also free and simple to perform. You wrap tour armpit, either side, around the corner of a neighbors house and howl as you beat the wall with your fist. If the neighbor wakes up screaming in fright you have no disease or imbalance of any kind. If the neighbor beats on the wall and says to go to hell it means you have a serious disease or imbalance. If the neighbor does not respond at all it means you are insane and need an aspartame suppository for immediate mental rebalancing.

6. Jim Preston September 8, 2013 at 12:27 AM #

Here is a good analysis of what the Zyto does and does not do: http://www.devicewatch.org/reports/zyto/overview.shtml

Very telling is this, from the Zyto company’s own user manual (found here http://www.zyto.com/pdf/Balance-Manual.pdf)

The ZYTO Balance 5.0 is designed specifically to accomplish three objectives:
    1. Identify specific nutritional supplements you sell, for which your patient shows a biological preference.
    2. Identify the services you offer in your practice for which your patient also shows a biological preference.
    3. Generate referrals for your practice.

• cruz October 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM #

Is incredible, at the begining, two years ago i took my first test. Star feeling better. By the third test now i feel more stressfull because i have to make menus and stablish only the food in range. Making me feel emotionaly stress because out of 500 foods, i am intolerante to 260….that happend three times in two years. It is stressful to change diet every seven to eight months. The body is happy but get easily bored with the few options that the test results give…..digestive enzimes my conclusion for the trouble, but still need to care.

• Fred muller January 10, 2014 at 11:37 PM #

It is obvious you know nothing about zyto scan. It is the most advanced scientific diagnostic tool of the era. Zyto scan can actually measure the diameter of a persons tongue up to five hundred miles away. It can identify rectal itch even before the itching. It is not a gimmick or pseudo science. It clean, however, cause ill effects from incorrect or wrongful use. A nasty practitioner caused a swarm of bees to land on a competitors forehead and brand into his forehead the word, Botox r us. I use zyto scan daily and I’m normal. Normal and tick free.

7. Vicki Petsy October 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM #

We have been using the Zyto for over a year. My whole family came down with Lyme Disease and our practitioner knew exactly what infections we had. Our Lyme literate doctor even recommended it. I thought he was crazy but they knew when you have been eating too much sugar, when you are having trouble sleeping (I didn’t even say anything), they can even tell if your are having high anxiety. It saved our life and is helping us get our immune system up. Our immune system is more vulnerable than we think. All the GMO and processed foods are taking us down. We are in an epidemic. Even the CDC estimates that there are 300,000 new patients diagnosed with Lyme each year. The tests for Lyme and coinfections are unreliable. We have patients that are being told that they do NOT have Lyme when they do. The Zyto sees these infections. It’s amazing. I am a boardmember with the Kentuckiana Lyme Support Group and I recommend it to everyone that comes to us.

8. Jim Snider November 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM #

Allison,

I was glad to see your comments on ZYTO Technology xas a component of a broader series of tests and treatments. My 90 year old father is seeing a chiropractor for weight loss. They also spun off a resonant frequency electro-impedance segment and their own line of supplements from the Zyto scan.

Our concern is the vague listing of components in the drops they package, the pink sea salt and filtered water they sell. We have hit a wall in researching the elemental salts and sea minerals vaguely listed in the supplements. He will follow the diet exercise and merely tolerate the odd regimen of drops and electolytes, but questions the business plan and lack of published research. Comments?

Jim

• Allison November 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM #

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your comment. Hmm…I can understand the concern about a vague listing of ingredients in the drops…are they the only people who sell these supplements? Or are they from a recognized supplement company like Standard Process? If you’re concerned at all about the supplements, it might be worth getting a second opinion from another chiropractor or acupuncturist.

From what you described in your comment, it sounds like they have him on a simple trace mineral supplement– those are usually used to cover all of the bases and make sure that you’re not malnourished. Sometimes people holding on to weight are doing so because they have mineral deficiencies.

Just a disclaimer– I am not a doctor and the words above are my opinion and not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

9. Fred muller January 10, 2014 at 11:13 PM #

I have trouble processing starches and sugars. The zyto scan I had done this Monday listed the second worst food I could eat as…cayenne pepper… It listed the best foods I could eat, included in that list are white potatoes and white basmati rice… Ok, sounds like junk science to me.