{Friday Musings} Thoughts on ZYTO Scan Technology

Disclaimer: This is my Friday Musings post in which I share whatever I feel like. It gets a little personal, but not so much that you’ll get embarrassed for me (can I say douche chill on my own blog? I think so).

A few months ago, a deal popped up on Amazon Local for a discounted “Full health evaluation and ZYTO scan.”

It was, like, 80% off, so I figured it must be a good deal. I would get my toxicity tested, my adrenals checked and find out about some food intolerances. I was IN.

I went to get my scan this past Wednesday at the Waldman Center for Wellness in Reading, MA.

The office is beautiful, the waiting room welcoming.

I had no idea what I was in for– I figured I would have to give some blood or something.

Nope. I just have to put my hand on a weird robot hand and wait a few minutes. That was it. The ZYTO SCAN.

How does it work? Well, I’ll let the ZYTO website explain that one:

Your body is energetically connected and constantly in communication with itself. The primary function of this communication is to maintain overall health and functionality. Biocommunication between your body and ZYTO software takes advantage of this and is a breakthrough method for ‘listening to’ and ‘communicating with’ your body.

By interacting energetically with your body the ZYTO software will essentially ‘ask your body questions’ and record your body’s responses or ‘answers’. Information gathered in this way can help you be more proactive about your health and help you and your healthcare provider make better decisions regarding your healthcare.

ZYTO scans do not diagnose or recommend treatments, they simply provide information that should be considered by a qualified healthcare professional in determining a course of action.

My understanding is that it measures where you hold stress in your body– or what parts of your body are under stress.

After my scan, I met with Dr. Waldman to go over my results, which were, shocking.

Of the 92 bio markers that the ZYTO scan measures, I had 24 out of balance.

The picture above is the part of the scan that bothered me most.

First, I have white coat syndrome: I get really anxious whenever I’m at a doctor’s office. It has to do with hearing bad things…like I’m always expecting to be told I’m going to die at any moment…my heart beats really fast and my blood pressure goes up.

So. The areas of high stress in my body: My thyroid, my heart and…my pancreas?

My pancreas was off the chart stressed, according to this scan.

The doctor gave me his talk about insulin and glucagon…and metabolic syndrome…and diabetes

Meanwhile, I’m sitting there thinking:

A. This test is total bunk: I don’t eat much added sugar…and I don’t have any physical symptoms of metabolic syndrome…I don’t have hypoglycemia…I don’t have an overwhelming amount of abdominal fat…I EAT PALEO! WTF?

B. Oh my good gracious…I probably have something seriously wrong with my hormones…maybe I DO have metabolic syndrome…I probably do…maybe my pancreas is stressed because there’s something else going on….OMG MY HEART ! I’m going to have a heart attack like Rosie O’Donnell…I probably won’t even make it out of this office.

So. Needless to say, I didn’t hear much of the rest of the Doctor’s overview…I was totally stressed about my pancreas. And my heart.

The ZYTO scan does NOT diagnose disease– it just shows areas of stress (whatever that means).

My pancreas does more than just produce insulin…it also secretes pancreatic fluid that contains digestive enzymes…maybe I just have low digestive enzymes. But maybe it’s all of the ice cream I’ve been eating lately…

ANYWAY. When I was done with my internal freakout, we started to go over my food intolerances.

This is probably wrong, but I think the ZYTO scan sends the frequencies of commonly intolerated  (I think I just made that word up…it works) foods through your system to see how you react.

I was nervous that foods I love would show up– like coconut or eggs…luckily, this wasn’t the case.

My number 1 food intolerance? White Fish.

Yep. White Fish. How random is that?

Here are the top 10 foods to which I am intolerant:

1. White fish
  2. Grapefruit
  3. Trout
  4. Molassas
  5. Buckwheat
  6. Corn Sugar
  7. Zucchini
  8. Cherry
  9. Oats
  10. Cabbage

If this thing is right, it means no more raw kraut for me….BOO.

That’s about the only thing on this list that poops me out.

BOTTOM LINE: I’m not sure how much I believe the results of this test. The stubborn health coach in me is all “I know better than this test and how dare you tell me my pancreas is stressed.” The white-coat-phobic person in me says “I should probably never eat any sugar again ever. EVAAAAAA!”

I’m thinking that I’ll pay special attention to the sugar I’m eating and the digestive enzymes that I’m taking. I’ll avoid the foods on this list, which won’t be hard…because I don’t eat or like many of them anyway. And then I’ll go to my PCP for some blood work to calm my anxious mind.

I’m annoyed that I don’t know if the ZYTO scan is real or not…but then again, do you ever know if any test a doctor gives you is real? How do I know that the blood work will test for the right things? Such a struggle…

ANYWAY. Have a great weekend and stop thinking about my pancreas– she’ll be fine.

Need some support creating your own, personalized food routine?

Sign up for a free, 30 minute phone session here

Email Allison@friskylemon.com with any questions!

About Allison

Allison is a Certified Holistic Health and Nutrition Counselor. She specializes in empowering individuals through 1 to 1 Health Counseling Programs to cultivate a carefree relationship with food, and to have more vibrant, natural energy by transitioning to a whole food, often Paleo, diet. DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I occasionally may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I believe in and trust.

Heal Your Gut Like a Pro!

Sign up for the Frisky Lemon Newsletter to get Allison's 6-Step Gut Healing Protocol for Free!

38 Responses to {Friday Musings} Thoughts on ZYTO Scan Technology

1. Colette March 7, 2013 at 3:52 PM #

I have had several zyto scans (around 8) over the past 3 years. I have taken the professional supplements that were recommended and it has helped me balance the many imbalances I have had. I think it is a valuable tool. It should be used with other informative tools: blood tests, chiropractic spine testing, muscle, and nerve testing, because it does measure what you are stressed about that particular day.

• Allison March 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM #

Thanks, Colette– I totally agree with you. I think the zyto scan can be a valuable tool when used with other types of tests– Looking back, I think I was just whining about seeing results I didn’t like 😉 I appreciate your comment. Thanks so much for sharing.

2. Karin Michele Anderson March 14, 2013 at 3:16 PM #

Your pancreas is probably out of whack from all the ice cream you say you have been eating lately. I just had a ZYTO scan last Sunday and I think that the technology is good. A client of mine had both the ZYTO and a huge blood/urine test done at the doctor’s and they showed similar results which increases my trust in the ZYTO.

• falena October 23, 2014 at 5:48 PM #

parasites cause most pancreas problems

3. Jon S March 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM #

A zyto scan does not reproduce results. You could do the scan two times in a row and get different results. Bad science =(

• marie January 22, 2014 at 8:36 PM #

Exactally my experience. I looked into it as a professional and couldn’t justify the expense for something that was different each time.

• falena October 23, 2014 at 5:46 PM #

Whenever you observe something, it changes as a result. Perhaps viewing the results of a scan improves you biotic imprint to the point of being a treatment in itself, even if temporary. I do not expect repeats but synchronistic indicators that tell me what I need to know in the moment, only. The Zyto seems to know what I am engaged in and prescribes accordingly.

4. Janice May 28, 2013 at 12:47 AM #

Did the scan 3 times in one day with several hrs in between and went from 31 to 7 to 17 bios out ? Just curious WHY ?

• Allison May 30, 2013 at 11:25 AM #

Hi Janice. I’m no expert in the zyto technology, but my guess is that it’s not a very accurate test on it’s own. I think it might be a useful tool when paired with bloodwork or another type of holistic treatment like acupuncture. I didn’t really pay that much attention to my results…mostly because they were SO random…and the chiropractor I went to didn’t do a good job of interpreting my results.

I would check out acupuncturists in your area– they have this amazing insight into your internal body systems and how they function– I would trust a person more than that zyto machine 😉

• Adrienne @ Whole New Mom October 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM #

Really? You did? That is the kind of thing I am wondering about.

• Fred muller January 11, 2014 at 12:03 AM #

It is most likely because you flossed at some point during the time period. Flossing causes a friction between the teeth usually with movement of the floss in opposite directions. This quick changing of direction during flossing can throw off the sensitive readings of the zyto scan. To get a consistent result don’t floss. For weeks. Ever.

• veronica October 18, 2014 at 8:06 AM #

not flossing can give you heart disease

• Brandon January 20, 2015 at 2:10 PM #

I think Fred was trying to be funny.

5. Debra Wheeler June 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM #

Do research in this test. You will find it is a tool is useful for one thing only: To get the fool who tries it, to believe he needs to buy supplements.

It is about as medically accurate as palmistry.

• Fred muller January 10, 2014 at 11:28 PM #

Read my comment on my recent zyto test. Sounds like junk science, zyto appears suggestive, not objective. Not reliable like tried and true tests unknown to many like the aph, the aph, arm pit howl, is foolproof and a great diagnostic tool. It is also free and simple to perform. You wrap tour armpit, either side, around the corner of a neighbors house and howl as you beat the wall with your fist. If the neighbor wakes up screaming in fright you have no disease or imbalance of any kind. If the neighbor beats on the wall and says to go to hell it means you have a serious disease or imbalance. If the neighbor does not respond at all it means you are insane and need an aspartame suppository for immediate mental rebalancing.

6. Jim Preston September 8, 2013 at 12:27 AM #

Here is a good analysis of what the Zyto does and does not do: http://www.devicewatch.org/reports/zyto/overview.shtml

Very telling is this, from the Zyto company’s own user manual (found here http://www.zyto.com/pdf/Balance-Manual.pdf)

The ZYTO Balance 5.0 is designed specifically to accomplish three objectives:
    1. Identify specific nutritional supplements you sell, for which your patient shows a biological preference.
    2. Identify the services you offer in your practice for which your patient also shows a biological preference.
    3. Generate referrals for your practice.

• cruz October 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM #

Is incredible, at the begining, two years ago i took my first test. Star feeling better. By the third test now i feel more stressfull because i have to make menus and stablish only the food in range. Making me feel emotionaly stress because out of 500 foods, i am intolerante to 260….that happend three times in two years. It is stressful to change diet every seven to eight months. The body is happy but get easily bored with the few options that the test results give…..digestive enzimes my conclusion for the trouble, but still need to care.

• Fred muller January 10, 2014 at 11:37 PM #

It is obvious you know nothing about zyto scan. It is the most advanced scientific diagnostic tool of the era. Zyto scan can actually measure the diameter of a persons tongue up to five hundred miles away. It can identify rectal itch even before the itching. It is not a gimmick or pseudo science. It clean, however, cause ill effects from incorrect or wrongful use. A nasty practitioner caused a swarm of bees to land on a competitors forehead and brand into his forehead the word, Botox r us. I use zyto scan daily and I’m normal. Normal and tick free.

• Alison Perkins July 20, 2015 at 5:06 PM #

Thank you for posting more than the link. The company took down the page.

7. Vicki Petsy October 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM #

We have been using the Zyto for over a year. My whole family came down with Lyme Disease and our practitioner knew exactly what infections we had. Our Lyme literate doctor even recommended it. I thought he was crazy but they knew when you have been eating too much sugar, when you are having trouble sleeping (I didn’t even say anything), they can even tell if your are having high anxiety. It saved our life and is helping us get our immune system up. Our immune system is more vulnerable than we think. All the GMO and processed foods are taking us down. We are in an epidemic. Even the CDC estimates that there are 300,000 new patients diagnosed with Lyme each year. The tests for Lyme and coinfections are unreliable. We have patients that are being told that they do NOT have Lyme when they do. The Zyto sees these infections. It’s amazing. I am a boardmember with the Kentuckiana Lyme Support Group and I recommend it to everyone that comes to us.

• Carol March 16, 2015 at 11:00 AM #

Thanks for that information! I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease about a year and a half ago–after being sick for nearly 20 years :( My Lyme Literate doctor is treating it with antibiotics and I continue SICK. But is the sickness from the disease or from the antibiotics? I’m ready to try a Zyto scan! Surely it will give some clues!

8. Jim Snider November 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM #

I was glad to see your comments on ZYTO Technology xas a component of a broader series of tests and treatments. My 90 year old father is seeing a chiropractor for weight loss. They also spun off a resonant frequency electro-impedance segment and their own line of supplements from the Zyto scan.

Our concern is the vague listing of components in the drops they package, the pink sea salt and filtered water they sell. We have hit a wall in researching the elemental salts and sea minerals vaguely listed in the supplements. He will follow the diet exercise and merely tolerate the odd regimen of drops and electolytes, but questions the business plan and lack of published research. Comments?

• Allison November 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM #

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your comment. Hmm…I can understand the concern about a vague listing of ingredients in the drops…are they the only people who sell these supplements? Or are they from a recognized supplement company like Standard Process? If you’re concerned at all about the supplements, it might be worth getting a second opinion from another chiropractor or acupuncturist.

From what you described in your comment, it sounds like they have him on a simple trace mineral supplement– those are usually used to cover all of the bases and make sure that you’re not malnourished. Sometimes people holding on to weight are doing so because they have mineral deficiencies.

Just a disclaimer– I am not a doctor and the words above are my opinion and not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

9. Fred muller January 10, 2014 at 11:13 PM #

I have trouble processing starches and sugars. The zyto scan I had done this Monday listed the second worst food I could eat as…cayenne pepper… It listed the best foods I could eat, included in that list are white potatoes and white basmati rice… Ok, sounds like junk science to me.

10. Jacki September 21, 2014 at 11:34 AM #

Its really too bad when people who are skeptics try and push their biased opinions on those that may want to or have already tried the Zyto Testing. I have MANY personal experiences with the Zyto machine which were bang on with what my doctor told me. The difference between my doctor and the Zyto Machine?….Zyto gave me results in a few moments where as I had to have a scroll of tests (some very unpleasant) to have my doctor tell me the very same thing. I have numerous friends and family members as well that have had nothing but success with the Zyto. Really everyone IS entitled to their own opinion of Zyto testing but to speak as if anyone who does such testing is less than sane is very wrong….if you don’t like Zyto testing than just don’t do it!! BTW maybe you should remember that you yourself went for a Zyto testing yourself in the first place!! 😀

11. Dallis Gilbert October 22, 2014 at 6:08 AM #

You guys it’s a scam……http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/13926/

12. Angela February 9, 2015 at 11:03 PM #

I have seen around 100 scans and all have been accurate. For those who don’t believe, that is your personal preference. Biotechnology is the future. We all know that scientific studies and research can be manipulated as the researcher wishes, no doubt in my mind that big pharma and the AMA will stop at nothing to discredit anything that will take away from their business. The scanner uses the electromagnetic field of the body to measure. The scan will disrupt the field, in turn, a scan done immediately after another will not be the same. It is recommended to wait 2-3 weeks between scans.

13. Sandy March 4, 2015 at 12:45 AM #

I own the Zyto Compass Scan and have had some really amazing scans that have helped us pinpoint and take care of some issues in our own family. I also have done the scan for some of our friends and other members in my company. It is simply an additional tool to look for ways to improve our overall health. I love having it. If you would like more information you can go here: http://bit.ly/zytocompassinfo The funniest is when my friend asked if I could bring my palm reader. I’m certain our clever and very humorous friend above Mr. Muller would appreciate that one!!!

• Allison March 6, 2015 at 4:15 PM #

Thanks for sharing this link, Sandy! It’s always nice to get more information– with this kind of diagnostic tool, I think hearing first hand experiences is one of the most powerful kinds of research one can do. Thank you!

• Bev March 15, 2015 at 3:48 PM #

I checked the web site you listed and looked at the list of companies they represent for supplements. It is a rather limited list…can you translate this information to get product from different companies? thank you.

14. Gwen March 13, 2015 at 9:22 PM #

I am a ZYTO Elite 5.0 practitioner here in Lexington, KY. I will preface, that I am medical training and the science aspect of the medical model or frame of reference is being able to repeat results to validate something. In using the ZYTO and this type of energy technology, it is not really how it works and we need to take into consideration – that the body is really an energy system…each cell is really a single unit of pure energy. We are a pure energetic & biological system always changing and being effected by our surroundings, foods, sunlight, magnetic pull of the moon…. etc. So, repeating the same result is almost impossible. As a practitioner, how I use the program is that I look for consistencies and patterns to help me & my clients determine what is the best approach to take for their health concerns.
    As for products, as practitioners we choose the products we want to carry and the program has about 30 difference quality manufacturers from( as mentioned above), Standard Process, Nutra-West, etc. My preference is Premier Research Labs.
    This is a very sensitive tool that will pick up food reactions energetically. It is not a substitute for a blood food allergy test, but a good tool to use to see…. if the reactions in the body to certain foods are enough to justify taking that next step in getting the blood work done.
    The results and testimonies I have received are wonderful with happy clients. I really enjoy my improved health because of scanning myself and following the recommendations and get a great feeling when I can help someone else feel better.
    This program is also very cool that it can be done remotely! I also have a remote clinic at Healing Touch Artisia, NM – Did I read a comment above about “Cutting Edge Technology”? I am open for question and will answer to the best of my ability. I hope this was helpful! ♥

15. alice b March 15, 2015 at 5:38 PM #

I’m a chiropractor who works arduously with my clients to find ways they can be healthy with a sensible diet, physical fitness, and a good mental attitude….all which I see as being part of chiropractic care. I don’t sell supplements or gadgets but do recommend lifestyle changes and supplements if they seem proper. I’m embarrassed that my profession has the reputation of being a psuedo-science and that too many other chiropractors actually believe that something like the “Zyto” technology is real science. We do not have the technology presently to do what this claims to do. A heck of a lot of people would be better off if they got in better shape, adopted a healthier lifestyle, or (for those who do that) quit worrying that they have to have something wrong with them.

But, really, the bottom line is that the technology it is professing to use does Not exist yet. So, take care of yourself, drink water, stretch out, take a walk, and laugh with your loved ones…..also get body work and RELAX, it really does help.

• Alison Perkins July 20, 2015 at 5:23 PM #

Thank you for your post. I’m amazed at how many people … even professionals… are climbing on board the zyto scan wagon. Its scary. My results were so off…. I’ve been told I’m upset because I didn’t “like” the results” …. but if I had stopped eating the foods it said to stay away from I would have ended up having surgery. So when people start making changes that don’t make sense based on zyto scan I concerned. What is amazing is the number of people who so badly want to believe we have this technology that they put their health at risk, and the health of the family.

16. heather guhl March 24, 2015 at 11:20 PM #

I have a zyto scanner and my life depends on that machine as I have serious illnesses. I have proved zyto right time and agsin, however, it’s only as good as the person interpretive g tge results!!!

17. John July 10, 2015 at 8:10 PM #

Zyto is total bunk! The scans are different each time because they are said to be so “sensitive”. Well if one supplement works now but not 10 min. from now because you scan has changed, why bother? Conversely, if someone has an electrolyte imabalance, blood work will show every time what that imabalance is until it is corrected.
    Secondly, when something is wrong, it very often hurts. The pancreas for example causes those with pancreatic problems severe pain. Just give someone with a pancreatic problem a bowl of ice cream, they’ll be curled up on the floor….if your pancreas is stressed it would either be larger or smaller than normal, ducts would be clogged or not, pancreatic recreation would either be hypo or hyper active..all things testable, all test results reproduceable.
    Third I’ve noticed practioners of zyto tend to use diagnosis that have no basis in science…a stressed pancreas? Leaky gut syndrome? ” out of balance.” Generally speaking our bodies are very good at regulating themselves. Assuming your organs are working properly you’d have a hard time making yourself “acidic” for instance – if you did, you’d be in the hospital after a while. If your organs and body are not functioning properly: I.e. diabetes, liver not “working right” you’d know it. With the exception of a few highly deadly cancers, sudden cardiac arrest and things of that nature, I can’t think of body malfunctions that don’t have accompanying signs and symptoms and for which proven medical testing can not indicate.
    One of the most rampant and dangerous diagnosis going around right now is lyme and chronic lyme. Lyme has been around for a while. An MD can test, diagnosis, and treat it. Practitioners are telling people they have lyme that drs “just can’t find.” And start them on long term, bogus therapies. Many people diagnosed with chronic lyme have no evidence of ever having even been infected with a strain of lyme in the first place, until they go to the “special lyme lab followed by the ” special lyme dr” who more often than. Not seem to be general family practice dr with no expertise in infectious disease. They get away with it by voting the symptoms of chronic lyme as being so general and vauge that anyone who is vulnerable to thinking they’re sick can by into….like chronic fatigue (yah, I am tired, come to think of it. My thinking is a bit foggy) – boom – chronic lyme.
    This product is more than misleading seeing as how unlicensed practitioners are giving people diagnosis, it is flat out fraud. I’ve seen this product cost individuals and families almost everything as they are so hooked to this device that they let it co trol them over common sense. I’ve seen people who believe in the result go from Dr to dr until they find one that agrees with what the practitioner says, then they all of the sudden considered themselves to have chronic diagnosis and never ending treatments when all they likely needed in the first place was adequate nutrition and adequate rest.

1. Why I’m not a Fan of the Zyto Scan | Practical Essentials - August 12, 2015

[…] rather agree with this part of a comment by “John” that I found under a post highlighting a Zyto scan experience: “. . . Third I’ve noticed practitioners of Zyto tend […]