I know, I know– it’s too early to be talking about the spring, right? Wrong!
Cleansing your system in the fall may help you avoid the feelings of heaviness and fatigue that are often associated with the wintertime and help you come out ahead of the game in the spring.
Detoxifying your body in the fall helps you get ready for the stagnant months of winter. We are typically not as active during the winter, whether it is because of the shorter days, colder weather or busy holidays with family.
Cleansing in the fall can help to prevent holiday weight gain and the buildup of toxins that would be released by exercise in the summer months.
Fall cleanses focus on digestion—just as the trees lose their leaves in the fall, you too can cleanse your digestive systems to use energy more efficiently and prepare for winter.
Here are my favorite ways to get the most out of your fall cleanse:
- Drink lots of water. Drinking water not only helps flush out your system, but it also plays a role in regulating digestion and it could even reduce sugar cravings! We often forget to drink water during the fall and winter months because we don’t need it to cool down as we do in the summer.
- Eliminate inflammatory foods that cause energy blockages. Certain foods, such as grains, legumes, and dairy, contain irritating proteins that can break through your intestinal lining and cause inflammation throughout your body making you feel tired and heavy. Eliminating these foods can heal your digestive system, reduce systemic inflammation and increase your energy.
- Increase your green leafy vegetables. Leafy greens are packed with nutrients that are essential for a healthy body. Dark green, leafy vegetables like kale, collard greens and spinach are the roughage you need to keep your body functioning efficiently. The darker the leaf the better!
- Keep moving. Incorporate some movement into your daily routine. Fall is the perfect time to take a hike—no bugs, fresh air, vitamin D from the sun, and views of the beautiful foliage.
Now is the time to start preparing for the winter and holiday season. Getting back your digestive health in the fall will make your adjustment to the winter months, and thus the spring, easier.
Forget those New Year’s Resolutions—get your health back now instead of later.
Join the Fall Nutritional Reset starting October 14th, 2013
- Healthier, more comfortable digestion
- A lightness in your step
- Freedom from the carb- brain fog
- Less sugar cravings
- More peace of mind about your food choices
What can I expect during the Fall Nutritional Reset?
Here’s the nitty gritty of how this 14 day whole food cleanse works:
The Preparation Phase starts with 30 minute, individual phone/Skype consult to customize your program and discuss your goals and dreams for your health
Week one starts our elimination phase–eating whole foods, but eliminating grains, legumes, dairy and sugar. You get an 90 page informational PDF guide including everything you’ll need, recorded classes and weekly Q&A conference calls that will address your individual issues.
Week two continues with the elimination phase of the whole food cleanse. To help support you through the cleanse you will get daily motivational emails to lift your spirits and keep your head in the game and an online forum to get encouragement from your fellow resetters.
Post Cleanse begins the challenge phase of the whole food cleanse where you will continue to eat real foods, and re-introduce legumes, grains and natural sweeteners. OR continue with the elimination phase to make progress toward some real, solid life changes.
As a bonus to help you in your Fall Nutritional Reset , you’ll get a Fall Cleanse Kit with helpful tools and goodies and unlimited personal email support for the duration of the program!
Early Bird Special!
Sign up before Friday, September 13th at 11:59PM EST
and the Nutrition Reset is yours for
Feel free to email me at Allison@friskylemon.com if you have any questions OR if you’ve cleansed with me before and want the returning member price!