My sister’s birthday was a few weeks ago.
She commanded me to make her a cake.
I believe she said ” make me a cake, clown!”
So. I did.
Because I like her.
This was a take on the carrot cake I made my mother for her birthday from Make it Paleo.
The cake was pretty amazing.
I’m not telling you how old she is, because she might kill me, but we lit a candle for her.
My sister and her friends came over for cake and ice cream. All of the photos are care of my sister’s friend G-Dizzle.
The cake was crazy good. Did I say that already? If you have a birthday coming up, I strongly suggest that you request (or command) this cake. But not from me–from someone you know in real life.
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 6 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 20oz crushed pineapple
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Make your date mixture: put the dates in a microwave safe bowl with a 3 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 1 minute and pop into the food processor with 1 Tbsp maple syrup and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the date mixture, bananas, eggs, vanilla, coconut oil, and mix using a hand mixer until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut flour, cinnamon, sea salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix.
- Drain the crushed pineapple and add to the batter.
- Separate the batter into two cake pans greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Top with cream cheese frosting from Make it Paleo (click the link below) and chopped pecans.
Top your cake with this cream cheese frosting from The Food Lovers