I like to make stuffed peppers.
I’ve made a few different versions so far.
Paleo Stuffed Peppers stuffed with sausage
Paleo Stuffed Peppers Reloaded stuffed with ground turkey.
And these: stuffed with grass-fed beef.
M’s Nana used to make some delicious stuffed peppers using rice. So I thought I would add some cauliflower rice to this recipe.
We ate ours with some roast delicata squash with Kerrygold butter.
I’ve been working hard coming up with some more Nutritional Reset (Paleo Cleanse) friendly recipes. This is definitely one! Lots of veggies, and some healthy fats from the butter/lard and grass-fed beef.
- 3 Bell peppers (any color you like)
- 1lb grass-fed ground beef
- ½ a head of cauliflower
- 2 handfuls spinach
- ½ large onion (or one small onion), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp sage
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- butter or lard (for sauteing onions)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- In a medium-sized pan, saute your onion in butter or lard until translucent.
- Put the half head of cauliflower into the food processor and process until "rice-sized" pieces.
- Add the spinach and garlic and process until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, onions, egg, cauliflower/spinach mix and spices.
- Seed and cut your peppers in half length-wise and place in a baking dish.
- Stuff each pepper-half with the beef mix.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until pepper is soft.