I was bored on Friday night.
When I’m bored, I like to throw things together.
On Friday, I just so happened to have all of the ingredients to create these little beauties:
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- ½ cup butter (8 Tbsp), softened
- Chocodrops or bittersweet chocolate chips
- preheat your oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the wet ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet, making sure to mix thoroughly
- Scoop the batter onto your cookie sheet using a tablespoon scoop.
- Gently press a chocodrop of chocolate chip into the cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes
- Cool on a wire rack
I made these for the Crossfit H2O holiday gathering slash Formal Wear Fran, which is exactly what it sounds like:
Fran in a dress.
Sadly, I didn’t partake in the Fran-tastic formal wear event, but I did see plenty of silly prom dresses over sports bras and shorts and dress shirts with the sleeves cut off. Classy.
The cookies were a hit and I plan to make them again…maybe with a little peppermint extract next time?