I have a secret list of things.
Well, I have lots of secret lists of things.
One of these secret lists is titled “Must Haves for my Dream Home.”
You see, I’m manifesting my dream home…it’s somewhere out there.
On the top of this list is:
I love the smell of wood smoke.
I love the idea of curling up by a warm fire.
I love the idea of M doing wood stove/fireplace maintenance so that I can keep all of my fingers and avoid third degree burns…
Back to the curling up by a warm fire.
The warmth of a fire is so cozy and comforting to me.
Especially during the holiday season.
I imagine myself curling up with my book and a mug of hot cocoa with some Nat King Cole Christmas carols playing the in background.
So I decided to make some hot chocolate.
Coconut milk Hot Chocolate as seen in the Holiday Joy Up.
This recipe is delicious and so easy to make.
I use the term “recipe” very loosely. I find that everyone likes their hot chocolate a little different, so there’s lots of room for creativity.
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup canned organic coconut milk
- 1 to 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (depending on how chocolatey you want it)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ to 1 tsp grade B maple syrup (depending on how sweet you want it)
- Cacao nibs or cinnamon for sprinkling (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring your water and coconut milk to a simmer.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Once well combined, pour into your mug and top with cacao nibs or cinnamon if you like.