We’re a few days into the Winter Nutritional Reset and my rediscovered cooking motivation.
I’ve been planning and cooking up a storm!
As you might know, I’m a huge fan of ler grill.
Me love steak tips.
But it’s too cold outside for grilling…or so I’ve been telling myself…so I decided to broil some steak.
Super easy and pretty darn delicious.
I never realized how easy using the broiler would be. Duh, right?
The steak has approximately 2 minutes of prep time, because that’s how I roll. The mushrooms and onions require a little more attention, but nothing major.
I’m usually a medium-rare kinda gal, but I was getting a feel for the broiler on my ancient stove.
- 2 grass-fed flank steak (about 12oz)
- 3 Tbsp Grass-fed butter
- ½ yellow onion sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup beef or bone broth
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat your broiler for about 10 minutes.
- While the broiler is heating, put your steak in a broiler pan or a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Place a tablespoon (or pad) of butter on each steak and season with salt and pepper.
- Also while the broiler is heating, saute the onions and mushrooms in a pan over medium heat. Once the onions are translucent, add ¼ of broth and allow the broth to cook down.
- Put your steak in the oven and broil for 4 minutes on each side (or until the desired done-ness).
- Serve over greens like spinach or dinosaur kale
I liked my broiled steak, but methinks the broiler doesn’t hold a candle to a good grill like Whil Whebber.