How nice of you to ask! My Skintervention is going really well, thank you!

I’m sure you remember a few months ago when I wrote about the amazing Skintervention Guide by Liz Wolfe.

Well. Since then, I’ve been working on my own Skintervention by feeding my skin inside and out.

I’ve been Skinterventioning for about three months now and my results have been amazing.

My skin is softer, clearer and more even…

Now. I’m going to show you some sans makeup pictures of my skin.

Please, please PLEASE be nice to me.

PicMonkey Collage This is obviously a before, during and current photo collage.

The top picture was taken shortly before starting my Skintervention. This was pretty status quo in terms of how my skin looked before I started taking oil cleansing seriously.

The center picture was taken about a month ago when I thought my skin looked pretty good…then I saw this picture and realized I had some more work to do.

The last picture was taken a few days ago.

So. I think I’m doing pretty darn good.

Here’s what I’ve been doing:

IMG_4879_1 These are my external skin-food weapons of choice. Primal Life Organics Beyond Primal Face Serum, Primal Life Organics Banished Primal Face Toner, Calendula Hydrosol,

IMG_4717 Lavender tallow balm, and coconut oil.

I wash my face once a day in the evenings with the oil cleansing method.

Here’s what I do:

1. I remove my makeup with coconut oil and a warm wash cloth.
  2. I oil cleanse with a combination of castor oil and apricot kernel oil.  (For more about oil cleansing, read Liz’s Post, or pick up the Skintervention guide.)
  3. I use the Primal Life Organics Banished toner and follow that with the Beyond Primal face serum.
  4. THEN I use my lavender tallow balm…and go to sleep.

In the morning, I rinse my face with water and spritz with calendula hydrosol and use a little tallow balm.

I’m in LURVE with Primal Life Organics.

For realz.

IMG_4877_1

I used to be one of those people who washed with face soap…and nothing else. I now understand that sometimes, a girl’s face needs a bit more.

A little something, something, if you will.

One of those somethings is the Banished Primal Face Toner.

This toner

Restores essential vitamins back into your skin, leaving it fresh, nourished and younger looking (Source)

IMG_4876_1 The other something is the Beyond Primal Face Serum. This stuff is NUTS.

Beyond Primal Face Serum is at the core of any healthy skin regimen and contains 100% Paleo ingredients proven to improve circulation to the skin. Improved circulation will deliver nutrients and antioxidants directly to the facial tissues. (Source)

I’m not sure my skin would look and feel the way it does today without these two products.

We know that healthy skin comes from taking care of the outside and the inside, so I’ve also added some edible things to boost my skin health:

My skin journey has been a long one. But I finally feel like I’ve found a way of caring for my skin that not only works, it naturally nourishes me.

Skin health should be tackled from both the inside and the outside. A whole food cleanse can help with the inside part. Healing your gut by eating whole foods is the first step toward getting your healthy skin back.

If you’re ready for healthy skin, consider joining the Spring Nutritional Reset.

Virtual group program starts Monday, April 15th

Have you tried Paleo skin care or oil cleansing? Feel free to share in the comments below.

17 Responses to How nice of you to ask! My Skintervention is going really well, thank you!

1. Sarah G. April 2, 2013 at 8:48 AM #

Your face looks great!
    I use the PLO Beyond Primal Face Serum as well. I think it’s really starting to lessen my acne scars. I also have the Banished Primal Blemish Serum- which I’m not a huge fan of 🙁 You recommend the Banished toner though? What do you use for spot treatment?
    Thanks for the info!

• Allison April 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM #

Thanks, Sarah! I had to think long and hard about whether to get the Banished Serum or the Beyond Primal Serum– in the end, I wanted something that I could use all the time– I got the picture that the Banished Serum was most useful as a spot treatment.

When I need a spot treatment, I make a clay mask using Bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar and just dab some on my trouble spots at night. It works pretty well, but I have a feeling that the Banished toner might work better. I haven’t had very many instances where I’ve needed a spot treatment. Since I started with this regimen, I’ve had maybe one breakout– and it was a much smaller breakout than before I started oil cleansing.

2. Jessica April 2, 2013 at 12:57 PM #

Nice! My skin has been handling the birth-control-purge acne MUCH better this time around since Ive been oil cleansing and eating paleo. Ive just started the brewers yeast too… I have to say, I think its pretty yummy! Im hoping in a couple more months this purge will be over!

3. Julie @ homegrownpaleo.com April 3, 2013 at 11:31 AM #

Great review. I’m doing OCM and using Green Pasutres Beauty Balm. Once in a while I’ll use a witch hazel toner. I’m not crazy about my results right now, but I think a lot is diet. I’m doing a sugar detox and it’s coming out in my skin! I’ll look into the Primal Life serum….it’s just so much $$$! Dang.

• Allison April 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM #

Thanks, Julie! I really love the Beyond Primal serum– it’s such a quality product that it’s totally worth the price! Trina, the owner of Primal Life Organics, really puts her heart and soul into all of her products. AND it lasts a long time! I only use 4 drops per day.

4. Dolores K. April 3, 2013 at 11:43 AM #

I LOVE the Skintervention!! I started with the OCM, but I decided to also try out the Primal Life Organics line since it’s already a premix of what oils my skin needs. For the times I don’t have time to OCM, it’s good for me to just use a premix blend. I got the Carrot Seed line as an intro, and I’ll use the Banished Serum as a spot treatment ONLY. It is not made to go allover the face because it has cayenne pepper that will burn. I just tried out the Infiniti line, and so far I’m loving that too. I had some bad skin detox at first, but now I get compliments on my skin where I never did before! I also doubled my FCLO/BO intake from before and added the Lewis Labs Brewer’s yeast. It’s only been a little over a month, but I can already feel and see a difference.

• Allison April 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM #

That’s awesome, Dolores! When I first started this Skintervention, I wasn’t sure which was more important: what I put into my body or what I put onto my skin. It’s become very clear that both are SO important. It’s so cool that you’ve seen results so quickly after adding the brewer’s yeast and doubling your FCLO!

5. Melissa April 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM #

I am loving the Skintervention Guide as well. I’m using a mix of castor/jojobo oil and have only had one blemish in a month, which I think was from an international business trip and I didn’t get the cleansing I needed.

I really want to start using the FCLO/Butter Oil Blend, but I just have not been able to allow myself to spend the money. How long does one bottle typically last? Please help convince me to make this purchase 🙂

• Dolores K. April 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM #

At a 1/2 tsp per day, it will last you around 2 months or so. Or at least for me it does. I’ve recently upped it to 1 tsp per day myself, and in in almost a month I’m down about 1/3 of the bottle. They also have a new product that combines FCLO/BO/Coconut Oil/Skate Oil – which gives you all the nutrients in one swoop. They were having a sale on the Carob Banana for $25, which is a great price.

• Melissa April 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM #

Thank you!!

• Allison April 3, 2013 at 3:40 PM #

Thanks, Dolores! Melissa– I use 1/2 a tsp per day and my bottles last 2 months (sometimes longer). It’s a lot to pay upfront, but the fat soluble vitamins in the FCLO/butter oil blend are important to SO many bodily processes that having some extra can really boost your health.

6. Gena April 4, 2013 at 7:37 AM #

I have been using the OCM for about a year. I started for a little of the frugualness as well as controlling my ingredients. It works great. I use apricot oil and sweet almond oil with several drops of doTerra sweet orange oil. It works great. I make it up in small batches and it is always fresh. My sensitive, red prone skin has never looked better. When my face is clean, I add a few drops to my hands and spread it over my face as a moisturizer. Multi-tasking at its best.

7. Jenna | The Paleo Project April 11, 2013 at 9:25 AM #

Loving this post, Allison. I just purchased cod liver Beauty Balm and Great Lakes Gelatin…. I’m pretty excited about it!

• Allison April 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM #

Yay! I just got some Great Lakes Gelatin in the mail yesterday…I started putting a little in my coffee and I plan to put some in my bone broth too. I haven’t tried the Beauty Balm yet, but I’m intrigued…might have to get some now!

8. brittany September 21, 2013 at 8:14 PM #

Has anyone heard of or experienced any issues with fertility and the carrot products? I heard it has some contraceptive properties to it.

• Allison September 23, 2013 at 10:36 AM #

Hmm…I’ve not heard of that, but I know there are certain essential oils that pregnant women aren’t supposed to use. A lot of the Primal Life Organics products have pregnancy and non-pregnancy versions.

1. Stacy's Skintervention and Primal Life Organic's Review | Paleo Parents - April 11, 2013

[…] I loved this review from Frisky Lemon on her experience, if you want someone else’s opinion, […]