We would always drive by and see this one, lone buffalo standing on a hill overlooking the road.
He was always there. Standing so still.
It wasn’t until I was a teenager that I realized he was made of wood.
Buffalo Stir Fry
Adapted from The Food Lover's Kitchen Beef and Broccoli recipe
- 1 lb buffalo meat, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp ginger (powder)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Sesame oil
- Green veggie of your choice
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat 2 Tbsp of sesame oil over medium to high heat
- Add the buffalo and garlic to the pan and cook until the meat has is lightly browned on all sides.
- Add the coconut aminos, salt, red pepper flakes and ginger and saute for another 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite green veggie.
I roasted some asparagus and put the buffalo on top. Delicious.
You can use any veggie that you like!
Did you ever think that a wooden animal was a real animal? Feel free to share in the comments below.