I made some delicious Bluth Frozen Banana Bites.
I seriously love this show…like more than I love steak...which is a lot.
Instead of using whole bananas, like the Original Bluth’s Frozen Banana, I made little banana and almond butter sandwiches. I really love this show…but for some reason, the only line I can quote right now is “there’s always money in the banana stand.”
Not once during this process did I think “I’ve made a huge mistake.” Except for when my ghetto double boiler broke (aka glass bowl over pot of hot water).
- 4 ripe bananas
- Almond butter
- Dark chocolate chips (I used one whole bag)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Slice each banana into ½ inch slices.
- Make little almond butter sandwiches by spreading a dab of almond butter between two banana slices.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for two hours.
- Once banana bites are frozen, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler or glass bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Dip each banana bite into chocolate and place back on the baking sheet.
- Freeze for another 30 minutes and then enjoy!