There’s nothing in the world like a blueberry scone.
To me, scones are the perfect amount of sweet.
Especially when blueberries are involved.
My absolute favorite scone recipe is from The Food Lover’s cookbook Gather.
It’s seriously the best scone recipe. Ever.
Last week, I was in Starbucks treating myself to an iced coffee, when I caught myself looking at the blueberry scones…and kind of wanting one.
So I decided to make some.
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp pastured butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the almond flour, ¼ cup arrowroot flour, sea salt, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, butter and egg.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just combined.
- Add your blueberries along with the last ¼ cup of arrowroot flour.
- Form the batter into a ball and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Press into a circle and cut 8 wedges.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Cool on a wire rack.