Most appetizing title ever.
A peach blueberry pie.
Using the Lard Crust recipe from Beyond Bacon.
I ended up buying some lard from pasture-raised pigs from Misty Brook Farm. I would have rendered my own, but it was 90 degrees and I didn’t want my house to smell like lard…
The crust was amazing. It was just like regular flour pie crust. I could even roll it out with a rolling-pin! It’s the first grain-free crust I’ve ever had that actually stayed pretty solid when it was baked– it didn’t crumble into mush when we cut the pie like the almond meal crusts I’ve made in the past.
- 6 peaches
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 Tbsp raw honey or grade B maple syrup
- ½ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 Tbsp raw honey or grade B maple syrup
- 3 shakes cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp butter, cold
- ¼ tsp salt
- Make your crust using the recipe from Beyond Bacon!
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Blanche your peaches by popping them into boiling water for about 40 seconds. Allow them to cool and then peel and slice.
- Line your pie crust with peaches and top with blueberries and 1 Tbsp raw honey or maple syrup.
- For your crumble top: combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and cut in your butter using a pastry thingy or two knives.
- Sprinkle on top of your pie.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then cover with foil and bake for another 25 minutes.