I’ve been thinking a lot about granola lately.
Cereal has always been a comfort food for me– since back when I was a vegetarian and I ate four bowls a day.
The fall makes me crave comfort foods…and cereal is one of them.
So, I decided to make some fall-flavored paleo granola to satisfy my comfort food craving.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1½ cup sliced almonds
- 1½ cup coconut flakes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup Medjool dates, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 275 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a very large bowl combine coconut flakes, almond flour, dates, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds and pecans.
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup (if you're using), pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
- Add the wet ingredients to a dry ingredients and stir until dry ingredients are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the granola in a thin layer on the baking sheet.
- Cook for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes to prevent burning.
This stuff smells so goooooood while it’s baking! The best fall smell in the world!