I’ve been making a lot of pumpkin things for the blog lately…
Braised cabbage is an Oktoberfest delicacy.
Well, I think it is–or Whole Foods Market told me it was.
So I’ve whipped up some Braised Cabbage with Apples for your fall-vegetable-eating-pleasure.
- 1 head of cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 2 small apples (or one large apple)
- 1 medium-sized red onion
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp Kerrygold butter (or ghee)
- ¼ cup water
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Slowly melt your fat of choice and use about 1 Tbsp to grease a large glass baking dish (9x13")
- Slice your cabbage into 8 to 10 wedges and line the bottom of the dish.
- Slice your apple and your onion into wedges and your carrots into coins and place on top of the cabbage.
- Drizzle the veggies with the remaining butter or ghee and your ¼ cup of water.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hr.
- After an hour, flip the cabbage and bake for another hour.
- Remove from the oven, and cool.
- When you're ready to eat the dish, place it back in the oven at 425 for 15 minutes or until browned on top.