Dark Chocolate and orange have always been two of my favorite flavors.
Ever since I first dug into a Toberlone Orange.
Last year for Valentine’s Day, I made these delicious Dark Chocolate Orange Truffles for my Sweetie.
Then added some fresh squeezed orange juice to create make them into Orange Truffles.
- oz (half a bag) of dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Cocoa powder
- Combine the dark chocolate, coconut oil, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla in a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk until simmering.
- Pour the coconut milk over the chocolate and stir gently until everything is melted.
- Transfer the bowl to the fridge to cool for 5 to 6 hours.
- After the chocolate mix has hardened, scoop out 1 Tbsp of chocolate, roll into a ball and roll in cocoa powder.
I rolled my truffles in a little cocoa powder to make them pretty.
These truffles are rich, delicious and they melt in your mouth. Go try them…seriously.