Most things come best in complete packages.
Grow your own mushroom kits.
Trips to Disney World.
Adding whole food source of fat like coconut, nut and avocado to your food routine is never a bad thing.
These fats are in their whole food form: complete food packages with both healthy fats, vitamins and minerals.
Adding healthy fats to your veggies is always good.
You see, the vitamins found in healthy fat sources help you absorb nutrition (vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients) from the vegetables.
That’s why this Massaged Avocado Kale Salad is so cool.
It combines a dark green, leafy veggie (kale) with a healthy fat (avocado).
Not only does the avocado make the whole salad more satisfying…
..it’s super fun to squish an avocado with your bare hands.
- 1 bunch of kale (I used curly kale)
- 1 avocado
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion
- Juice of ½ large lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- In a pan on the stove, steam saute your onion (using water or broth), or saute with a little butter. Cook until the onion is soft. Set aside to cool
- Removed the stems from your kale and tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Put the leaves in a bowl with your avocado and lemon juice.
- Massage the avocado into the kale leaves for a few minutes-- until the leaves are nice and soft.
- Add your minced garlic, red pepper and cooled red onions.
- EAT it UP!
I added some red onion and red pepper to my salad, but you could use any other veggies you want…or just the kale.
That’s the beauty of this salad. You can make it your own!
I like making things my own….it usually happens because I don’t follow the recipe.
I love this recipe because it’s so easy. AND because it makes eating kale easier.
It’s tough for me to eat kale sometimes, but this recipe makes the leave so soft in such a short amount of time that I can’t resists.
There are also tons of different flavors from the avocado, the garlic and the lemon juice.