I love lemon.
Lemon-y desserts are right up there with chocolaty desserts in my book.
SO. As today is the first day of Spring, I decided to make some lemon-y coconutty delicious balls.
That sounded bad.
Lemon-y, coconutty delicious…truffles.
Raw Lemon Coconut Truffles
Modified from Date Energy Balls from the Detoxinista. Paleo, vegan, raw
Author: Allison | Frisky Lemon
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 Cups walnuts
- 1 Cup unsweetened shredded coconut (plus more for sanding)
- 2 Cups Medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice and zest from one, large lemon
- Combine the walnuts and coconut in the food processor and process until they start to stick together.
- Add the soaked dates (WITHOUT the soaking water--give them a shake before you add them), sea salt, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest and process until it turns into a pasty dough.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and place in a glass container in the fridge to chill overnight (or at least 4 hours-- the longer it chills, the firmer the truffles).
- When you're ready to serve, scoop and roll out tablespoon-sized balls and roll in unsweetened, shredded coconut.
- Store in the fridge for a week, or in the freezer for longer.