You guys. This pie is ridiculous.
And the best part is that you NEVER have to turn on your oven. Just your ancient food processor: La Machine II.
Yep. It’s a raw Key Lime Pie.
AND it takes about 10 minutes to put together.
Did I mention it’s raw?
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup dried apricots
- 5 ripe avocados
- 1cup key lime juice (or regular lime juice)
- ½ cup raw honey
- In your food processor, pulse the pecans, coconut and dried apricots until they just start to stick together.
- Transfer the nut/apricot mix to a bowl. If the mix seems too crumbly, add a splash of water and mix thoroughly.
- Press the crust into a pie dish and place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- For the filling, put all 5 avocados (with skins and pits removed) into a blender along with the lime juice and honey.
- Blend until well mixed and then pour into your crust.
- Put the pie in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to firm up before serving.
- Then serve! You may or may not eat the whole pie in one sitting.
Isn’t this the most beautiful color you’ve ever seen?
Eating pretty things is so much fun.