Sometimes you just need a special breakfast treat.
Well, do I have a treat for you!
Paleo AND vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Scones.
These babies are a result of me not having all of the ingredients that I needed for these scones…
But sometimes improvised recipes are better than the originals.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick thingy (like a silpat)
- In a large bowl, mix all of your dry ingredients except the chocolate chips
- In a small sauce pan, melt your coconut oil and honey. Add the mashed banana and whisk together.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into a ball and transfer to the baking sheet. Flatten it out into a disc and cut into 8 pieces.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
These were super delicious and didn’t last long in my house!